I love Spring Time! The Mountain Lilac burst and our hills come alive in an amazing shade of purple. The Gazania on our hills smile and open wide in the spring sun. It’s a time of renewal, to get a fresh start and the perfect time for spring cleaning! If you are a women over 50, while you’re cleaning out your cabinets and closets this year, I challenge you to think about spring cleaning your body as well.
If you are still struggling to lose those holiday pounds, if you can’t get rid of that winter cold or cough, if you feel unusually fatigued, or if you skin is missing that spring time glow this might be a signal that it’s time to Spring Clean Your Body.
What is spring cleaning your body? Don’t be afraid. I am not promoting anything drastic like a 3 day fast or a juice cleanse. Spring cleaning your body is just a reset, giving it a break from unhealthy lifestyle choices so that it can do the job it was designed to do, get rid of toxins that surround us daily. Toxins can come from food or water, from chemicals used to grow or prepare food, from chemicals in cleaning and skin care products and even from the air that we breathe.
Our bodies are pretty amazing and work behind the scene to get rid of toxins – until they just can’t keep up.
When toxins build up inside the body, symptoms that I mention above may play out. There’s also new research correlating a link between toxin build up and a number of diseases including Fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s disease, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
THE BEST way to clean your body of toxins is to do it naturally. Of course the most effective way is to lead a healthy lifestyle ALL the time. But, if you are like me, being healthy all the time is impossible and not much fun. We all have to splurge every once in a while.
So, if your body is feeling a bit “dusty”, this spring along with cleaning out your closets, give your body a nice cleaning as well. Incorporate all of the SPRING CLEAN YOUR BODY actions below for a MINIMUM of 3 DAYS. Even better, try it for 7 DAYS and you will feel lighter, glow, have tons of energy, kick sugar cravings, decrease that belly bump and sleep like a baby.
SPRING CLEAN YOU BODY ACTIONS:
- Drink at least two quarts of filtered water a day. Increasing your water intake is one of the most important things you can do when attempting to cleanse your body naturally. Warm it up and add lemon in the morning for an extra boost.
- EAT MORE fruits and vegetables and choose organically grown local as much as you can. Although more expensive, organic produce is lower in synthetic pesticides and fertilizers.
Give up all caffeine and alcohol. Along with being very dehydrating, these two substances put stress on your liver and kidneys. Getting a break will help both the kidney and the liver do a better job at naturally ridding your body of toxins.
- Avoid sugar and ALL processed foods like the plague. This means bread, crackers, chips, cookies, anything in a packet. Just think how much money you will save!
- Eliminate all conventionally raised meat, farm-raised fish, and non-organic dairy. Choose grass-fed organic with the goal of reducing the amount of growth hormones and antibiotics you are putting into your body during this time of natural cleaning.
As an extra cleaning boost:
- EXERCISE! Getting regular exercise is one of the healthiest, most natural ways to cleanse the body. This is because exercise gets the body moving and keeps it functioning at full capacity. Try one of my over 150 online workouts designed just for us women over 50 FREE for 7 days by clicking HERE
- Try a hydrotherapy shower. Take a very hot shower for 3-5minutes, allowing the water to run on your back and then follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this cycle 3 times for an at home hydrotherapy.
- Dry-brush your skin to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
- Consider supplements and herbs that aid your body during this cleaning process. Herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, milk thistle and green tea for example. I have a long list of ones to try depending on what your body needs.
WANT some help improving your energy, skin, digestion, mental clarity, sleep, and overall well-being while eating real food and not starving? Schedule a FREE consultation with me by clicking the link below and finding a time that works for you