Roasted chickpeas are easy to make and are a great healthy snack to have on hand (so you don’t go grabbing the junk food).
- 2 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 2 tbsp dry mustard
OPTIONAL: Use any spice you want – garam masala, curry powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder, or your favorite mix of spices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour the chickpeas into a strainer in the sink and rinse with cold water. Drain well. Spread the drained chickpeas onto a clean dish towel and pat dry. You can rub the chickpeas to remove the skins, if desired. This step isn’t necessary, but the chickpeas will get a little crispier without the skins.
- Put the dried chickpeas on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the chickpeas until they are all well coated with the oil. Season with salt and dry mustard.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 minutes, stir then roast for another 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and toss in any of your optional favorite seasonings. Let the chickpeas cool completely, they will continue to crisp up as they cool.
If you’d like some help with your health or fitness journey why not schedule a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation with me. I’d love to help in any way that I can. Click the book now link below and find a time that works for you
If you’re a women over 50 and you’d like to get moving and feel better you should try one of my online workouts designed just for us; low impact cardio to protect our joints, strength training because its a must as we age, Pilates because a strong core = a strong body and more. Oh and you can try ALL of my workouts FREE for 7 Days by clicking HERE and signing up!