It’s March in Hidden Meadows and thanks to all of the rain we’ve had the hills are a cheerful shade of green! This month green also appears to us in the form of shamrocks and Leprechauns to commemorate St. Patrick’s Day. For some of us, we see green in McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes, Girl Scout cookies or even green beer! As your health coach and wellness advocate, let me add a “healthy green” habit for you to start this March.
Green Smoothies are tasty and have a ton of benefits:
- Green Smoothies enhance the immune system, purify the blood, and rejuvenate the body. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, folic acid, chlorophyll, and many other micro nutrients.
- Green Smoothies are really easy to digest. Since the greens are blended up, your body doesn’t have to work as hard in order to extract the nutrients and thus it is much easier on your digestive system.
- Green Smoothies reduce your cravings! When I work with clients in my health coaching practice, one of the first things I tell them is to eat more fruits and vegetables– green smoothies are a great way to easily do this. Most of them will immediately notice a decrease in sugar cravings because they are crowding out those less-healthy foods.
- Here are 2 Green Smoothie Recipes to help you celebrate March
The recipe for my Basic Green Smoothie can be modified with whatever ingredients you have on hand – get creative
- Tightly pack 2 cups of leafy greens in a measuring cup and then toss into blender.
- Add water and blend together until all leafy chunks are gone.
- Add any fruit you want to sweeten it up or cucumber, celery beets – ANYTHING
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
If you are craving the calorie-laden fast food St. Patrick’s Day shake, try my Healthier Shamrock Shake:
Blend the quantities below in a blender and enjoy!
- 1 fresh or frozen large banana
- Handful of chocolate chips (dark is best or try cacao nibs)
- 1/8 tsp to 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (I prefer almond mild)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
If you’d like some help with your health or fitness journey why not schedule a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation with me. I’d love to help in any way that I can. Click the book now link below and find a time that works for you
If you’re a women over 50 and you’d like to get moving and feel better you should try one of my online workouts designed just for us; low impact cardio to protect our joints, strength training because its a must as we age, Pilates because a strong core = a strong body and more.
Oh and you can try ALL of my workouts FREE for 7 Days by clicking HERE and signing up!