I’ve been craving comfort foods and my philosophy is not deprive myself but just find healthier versions. Here is one that I tried and it’s VERY yummy. I modified the recipe from the Eating Bird Food Website
- 1 box (8 oz) of pasta – I used 2 cups whole grain elbow macaroni but you could use any type of pasta. Next I’ll try a bean or lentil or veggie pasta.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp butter (organic if possible)
- 1 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge (these are not too bad as far as ingredients)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I needed a bit more for the consistency I wanted)
- 1 handful chopped baby spinach
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta, return to a boil and cook for a total of 8 minutes, adding in the broccoli florets at the four minute mark. Drain pasta and broccoli.
- In the same large pot over low/medium heat add butter, milk, salt and pepper. Once butter has melted add in drained pasta and broccoli, spreadable cheese wedge and shredded cheese. Let cheese melt a little, about 30 seconds. Use a spoon to stir everything together until pasta is well coated with cheese, adding more cheese if needed. Add in chopped baby spinach and toss until wilted.
- Serve immediately with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
If you’d like some help with your health or fitness journey why not schedule a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation with me. I’d love to help in any way that I can. Click the book now link below and find a time that works for you
If you’re a women over 50 and you’d like to get moving and feel better you should try one of my online workouts designed just for us; low impact cardio to protect our joints, strength training because its a must as we age, Pilates because a strong core = a strong body and more. Oh and you can try ALL of my workouts FREE for 7 Days by clicking HERE and signing up!