I love Thanksgiving! We get up early and put the turkey in the oven and by about 10 the entire house smells like heaven. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Family and friends come over and we spend the day cooking, catching up, eating, drinking and relaxing. When the dishes are done and the guests have left we get our turkey sandwiches ready and curl up with our 2 dogs and 2 cats to watch National Lampoon’s Christmas vacation! That marks the official start to the holiday season.
As I was thinking about what to write for this month’s article I thought about all the “healthy” things you should do during the food filled day:
- Make sure you eat a good breakfast (unless you are practicing intermittent fasting)
- Burn some calories in the morning (try one of my Online Workout Videos Designed for us over 50 HERE )
- Watch the mindless snacking
- Substitute healthy ingredients for the unhealthy ones
- Load up on the lean turkey meat, salads and veggies
- Watch your portion sizes and go light on the bread, gravy, pie, stuffing and wine.
- Go for a walk after dinner instead of laying around watching football and falling into a food induced coma
- The list could go on……
But, you know what? This is ONE day a year. If you have been reading my articles and taking my advice on cooking more, eating less processed foods, reducing your sugar and exercising then my message for this article is to Be Healthy…Enough and just ENJOY this Thanksgiving Day!
The holidays can be very stressful. If you are blessed with being able to spend Thanksgiving with loved ones, don’t stress about eating too much. Put your energies into spending quality time with them and enjoying every moment.
Here are my Be Healthy…Enough Thanksgiving recommendations:
- Invite someone over that has no family in town or no place to spend the holiday.
- Take a nice walk in nature in the morning. Stop once and say a prayer or give thanks to all that you have.
- Try a new recipe that uses unprocessed foods. Shop for organic produce at our local Garden Of Eden Farmers Market.
- Have one of your guests help cook – it’s so much more fun to cook together!
- Say a blessing before eating or have everyone say one thing they are thankful for.
- As you eat, savor and enjoy every bite. Don’t think about how long you will have to work out the next day to burn off that apple pie – just enjoy it.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
If you’d like some help with your health or fitness journey why not schedule a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation with me. I’d love to help in any way that I can. Click the book now link below and find a time that works for you
If you’re a women over 50 and you’d like to get moving and feel better you should try one of my online workouts designed just for us; low impact cardio to protect our joints, strength training because its a must as we age, Pilates because a strong core = a strong body and more.
Oh and you can try ALL of my workouts FREE for 7 Days by clicking HERE and signing up!