Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Do you have your menu planned and your shopping list prepared? (Check out my RECIPES if you don’t I have some great options for Healthier Thanksgiving dishes) Smart choices at the grocery store are a key part of your healthy eating plans. Here are a few tips to make your grocery shopping healthier this year.
1. ALWAYS EAT something before you go shopping to avoid having your tummy tell you what to buy.
2. Have a well prepared LIST to minimize impulse buying.
3. SHOP THE PERIMETER of the grocery store, where fresh foods like fruits, vegetables, dairy, meat, and fish are usually located. Avoid the center aisles where junk foods lurk.
4. CHOSE “REAL” FOODS, such as 100% fruit juice or 100% whole-grain items with as little processing and as few additives as possible. If you want more salt or sugar, add it yourself.
5. BUY ORGANIC to minimize pesticide exposure. This is not realistic for most people but you can easily and affordably chose which produce to splurge on by following the “Dirty Dozen, Clean Fifteen” list. Here is a page you can print out and take with you to the grocery store to optimize your organic produce purchases ‘Dirty Dozen, Clean Fifteen’
6. AVOID FOODS that contain more than five ingredients, artificial ingredients, or ingredients you can’t pronounce.
If you’d like some help with your health or fitness journey why not schedule a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation with me. I’d love to help in any way that I can. Click the book now link below and find a time that works for you
If you’re a women over 50 and you’d like to get moving and feel better you should try one of my online workouts designed just for us; low impact cardio to protect our joints, strength training because its a must as we age, Pilates because a strong core = a strong body and more.
Oh and you can try ALL of my workouts FREE for 7 Days by clicking HERE and signing up!