I found this recipe from Dr Mark Hyman’s 10 Day Detox. It is so yummy and makes getting a veggie in at breakfast a breeze! Serving size is 2
- 8 eggs (organic free range)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Sea Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ jalapeño, minced (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Whisk eggs in a bowl and keep at room temperature
3. Heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low
4. Add garlic and stir to combine. Add peppers, spinach, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, salt, pepper and jalapeno (if using). Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently
5. Turn heat off. When mixture is cool enough, stir in cilantro then add to eggs in a bowl and stir to combine
6. Rub a little coconut or olive oil in a muffin tin or line with muffin liners. Fill each tin with about ¼ cup egg mixture.
7. Bake muffins for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned on top and spring back when touched. Garnish with some avocado
8. Serve with a side of fresh berries.
If you’d like some help with your health or fitness journey why not schedule a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation with me. I’d love to help in any way that I can. Click the book now link below and find a time that works for you
If you’re a women over 50 and you’d like to get moving and feel better you should try one of my online workouts designed just for us; low impact cardio to protect our joints, strength training because its a must as we age, Pilates because a strong core = a strong body and more. Oh and you can try ALL of my workouts FREE for 7 Days by clicking HERE and signing up!