Having healthier options on hand so we don’t grab the unhealthy ones is a “Be Healthy Enough Philosophy”. One of our members Wendy reached out and asked for some ideas that would work for her nut allergy and her low carb eating plan. Here is what I found (used ChatGPT BTW….it’s freaking awesome)
Here are a few ideas for nut-free, low-carb snacks:
- Hard-boiled eggs: These are a great source of protein and can be easily portable.
- Turkey or chicken jerky: Look for brands that are made with just meat and seasonings, and avoid those with added sugar.
- Olives: These are a great source of healthy fats and can be a satisfying snack.
- Cheese sticks: Look for full-fat options like cheddar or mozzarella.
- Cucumber slices with hummus: This is a refreshing and satisfying snack that’s also high in protein.
- Radishes with guacamole or avocado spread: The radishes add crunch and a slightly spicy flavor, while the guacamole or avocado provides healthy fats.
- Seaweed snacks: These are a great source of nutrients and are very low in carbs.
- Baked kale chips: These are a tasty and healthy alternative to traditional chips.
- Sausage slices: Look for brands that are made with just meat and seasonings, and avoid those with added sugar.
- Edamame: These are a great source of protein and can be a satisfying snack. Just be sure to watch your portion size, as they are high in carbs.
If I missed one of your favorites please comment below!
For more of my favorite recipes make sure to check out Be Healthy Enough’s Recipes
Want some help? Reach out for a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation