We love tortilla soup but it can be full of carbs if you aren’t careful. This one is loaded with veggies for an extra boost of vitamins and fiber. I do serve it with warm or even baked whole grain for some extra flavor. Oh and a margarita is a nice treat. Enjoy
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 16oz (about 1) rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots cut in to cubes
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced mild green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 (32oz each) box cartons organic bone broth (or just less if you want)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup cilantro, optional
- Handful crushed whole grain chips, optional
- Avocado, diced, optional
- Sour cream, optional
Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Add crushed red pepper and stir for 1 minute. Add chicken and stir.
Add in the zucchini and carrots and stir for 3-4 minutes. Add canned tomatoes, corn, green chilies, seasoning and lime juice. Stir together for 1 minute. Add broth, and bring to a near boil. Stir in the tomato paste, then reduce to a simmer. Top with lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
Divide among the bowls and garnish with cilantro, avocado, sour cream and chips, if using.
If you’d like some help with your health or fitness journey why not schedule a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation with me. I’d love to help in any way that I can. Click the book now link below and find a time that works for you
If you’re a women over 50 and you’d like to get moving and feel better you should try one of my online workouts designed just for us; low impact cardio to protect our joints, strength training because its a must as we age, Pilates because a strong core = a strong body and more. Oh and you can try ALL of my workouts FREE for 7 Days by clicking HERE and signing up!