With the healthy benefits of pumpkin and no white flour or white sugar this recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser
NOTE: You can also use 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice instead of the 3 spices above⅓ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup raw organic honey (or maple syrup)
4 tablespoons +70% dark chocolate chips
+70% extra dark chocolate, melted for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F . Place a rack in the upper third level of the oven. Line a cookie sheet with a non stick pad (I love my Silpat) or use a non stick cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all your dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin puree and honey smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients and gently mix with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Finally fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop one level tablespoon at a time onto the prepared baking sheet. With your hands press balls of dough down gently and give them a look-alike cookie shape.
- Before you place the cookies into the oven, place another baking sheet in the lower third of the oven. This will help prevent the bottoms from burning.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes (11 minutes for more crunchiness).
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet (without touching) for 15 minutes, then with the help of a spatula place cookies onto a rack and let cool completely.
- Melt the dark chocolate in in a double boiler over low heat (or in the microwave) and with a small spoon drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies (you can also sprinkle a pinch of salt on top if you like it).