Healthy Asian Noodle Salad
To stay as healthy as I can, I limit the amount of “white stuff” white flour, white sugar, white rice that I eat! My husband is the cook in the house and he is AMAZING at creating recipes using these rules. This summer he created this recipe and it is sooooo good. Very refreshing on a nice evening or for an amazing, healthy lunch.
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/2 cups snow peas sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1/4 head green or red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Big handful of mushrooms (any kind), thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper (or yellow or both), thinly sliced
- 1 to 1.5 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 of a cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Spaghetti Noodles made from Chickpeas (this is the brand I love Banza Pasta, Chickpea Spaghetti) You could also use whole wheat noodles or even red lentil or any NON white flour noodle.
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Ginger or Asian Style Dressing (this is my favorite Annie’s Homegrown Asian Sesame Dressing as has the least amount of sugar added! Add a small amount and then more if you need right before serving.
- Chopped Peanuts or Cashews (optional)
- Chopped Chicken (optional) I like to add a protein to make sure I am getting enough to support my muscles
- Basil or Cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Get the noodles cooking and pull them when they are slightly al dente (don’t cook them too long)
- Wilt the cabbage and set aside to cool
- Sautee the mushrooms and set aside to cool
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl (with a lid if possible) or big Tupperware container. Mix it all up (I just put the lid on and shake) and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. The longer the better!
- Serve in a pretty bowl and sprinkle with chopped nuts and enjoy!
This will keep in the refrigerator for about 5 days and is great for a light lunch.
If you’d like some help with your health or fitness journey why not schedule a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation with me. I’d love to help in any way that I can. Click the book now link below and find a time that works for you
If you’re a women over 50 and you’d like to get moving and feel better you should try one of my online workouts designed just for us; low impact cardio to protect our joints, strength training because its a must as we age, Pilates because a strong core = a strong body and more.
Oh and you can try ALL of my workouts FREE for 7 Days by clicking HERE and signing up!