Vitamin D Rich Scrambled Eggs
There aren’t a ton of foods that are rich in vitamin D, but there are a few popular food ones to add to your diet including fatty fish like salmon, eggs (with the yolk) and mushrooms. With all of these you get a double-dose of vitamin D in this yummy breakfast scramble!
1 Tbsp butter
8 stalks asparagus, woody bottoms removed, chopped into 1″ pieces
Handful of mushrooms sliced
Salt and black pepper to taste
8 eggs (Spend the extra dollar or two to buy the highest quality eggs you can find. Free-range farmers market eggs are best.)
2 Tbsp milk or milk substitute
1⁄4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
4 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When melted add the asparagus and mushrooms and cook until just tender.. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk with the milk. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper and add to the pan
- Turn the heat down to low and use a wooden spoon to constantly stir and scrape the eggs until they begin to form soft curds. A minute before they’re done, stir in the goat cheese.
- Remove from the heat when the eggs are still creamy and soft and fold in the smoked salmon.