Roasted chickpeas are easy to make and are a great healthy snack to have on hand (so you don’t go grabbing the junk food).
- 2 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 2 tbsp dry mustard
OPTIONAL: Use any spice you want – garam masala, curry powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder, or your favorite mix of spices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour the chickpeas into a strainer in the sink and rinse with cold water. Drain well. Spread the drained chickpeas onto a clean dish towel and pat dry. You can rub the chickpeas to remove the skins, if desired. This step isn’t necessary, but the chickpeas will get a little crispier without the skins.
- Put the dried chickpeas on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the chickpeas until they are all well coated with the oil. Season with salt and dry mustard.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 minutes, stir then roast for another 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and toss in any of your optional favorite seasonings. Let the chickpeas cool completely, they will continue to crisp up as they cool.