This week I challenge you to ditch those sugary drinks! Not only are they empty calories they are loaded with sugar. Just one drink and you’re over your daily sugar limit.
Reminder; Men you should try to only get 9 teaspoons (36 grams) and women only 6 teaspoons (24 grams) per day.
You do the math on sugary drinks; one 12 oz. soda has 10 teaspoons, a 16 oz. Snapple 10.5, the “healthy” Vitamin Water has 8 teaspoons and a medium hazelnut Frappachino has over 15 teaspoons.
This week I challenge you to say “NO” to those sugary drinks and try one of the following instead:
- Cucumber Water: Add cucumber slices to your water for a pleasing alternative to plain water. Tastes especially refreshing on a hot summer day.
- Hot or Iced Green Tea: Drink green tea on its own or try a green tea variety blended with nettle and/or peppermint for extra antioxidant punch. If you want a small amount of sweetness, add a splash of 100% fruit juice or pureed fruit.
- Sparkling Mineral water with a splash of 100% fruit juice: Add an antioxidant-rich juice, like tart cherry or pomegranate to plain or sparkling water.
- Water with lemon: Lemon gives water a gentle flavor and may aid in digestion. You can also add a slice of lemon to unsweetened iced tea.
- Ginger Soda. Try this great recipe using ginger, seltzer, honey and lemon. Recipe can be found under juices and teas in my recipe tab
If you’d like some help with your health or fitness journey why not schedule a FREE 30 Minute Wellness Consultation with me. I’d love to help in any way that I can. Click the book now link below and find a time that works for you
If you’re a women over 50 and you’d like to get moving and feel better you should try one of my online workouts designed just for us; low impact cardio to protect our joints, strength training because its a must as we age, Pilates because a strong core = a strong body and more.
Oh and you can try ALL of my workouts FREE for 7 Days by clicking HERE and signing up!