I’m always trying to find recipes that don’t use white flour or white rice or white sugar but rather use less processed, low carb ingredients. I found this one from Oleana of ifoodreal.com
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
10 chicken pieces, breasts, drumsticks, wings, thighs (could be less if you have larger pieces)
3 eggs, large
2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 cup almond meal or flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano, dried
3/4 tsp salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
Cooking spray or oil
- Place wire rack on top of baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Spray with cooking spray or brush with oil well the wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large plate with edges, add coconut flakes, almond meal or flour, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir with a fork to combine well and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork and set aside.
- Organize dredging station by placing in a row: chicken, egg and coating. Take a drumstick, dip in egg mixture, dredge in coating, dip in egg again and finally dredge in coating last time. Place on the wire rack and repeat with remaining 9 chicken drumsticks.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until when chicken is poked with a knife or fork juices run clear.
- Serve immediately for the best crispy healthy chicken in the world! It’s really good dipped in BBQ sauce. Here is a brand I’ve found with NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP Stubbs BBQ Sauce