https://behealthyenough.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/cauliflower-bread-e1503077752695.jpg 500 375 Amy Van Liew https://behealthyenough.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/BHE-LONG-300x87.png Amy Van Liew2017-08-18 10:36:542019-04-19 15:48:21Cauliflower Bread Recipe
This is a great substitute for bread if you are trying to reduce your carbohydrate intake. This picture is my yummy grilled cheese using this bread.
Servings 4 servings, 1 piece each
- 1 medium head cauliflower , cut into bite-sized pieces (or 3 cups cauliflower rice)
- Parchment paper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp . ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning (if you want)
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
- Place half of cauliflower in food processor; pulse until cauliflower is chopped into pieces about the size of rice. Repeat with the other half. Place in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave cauliflower on high for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked.
- Place cauliflower on cheesecloth, in small batches; squeeze dry. (If you do not have cheesecloth, use a heavy duty paper towel.) Do not skip this step, as cauliflower needs to be dry
- Combine cauliflower, egg, cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Place cauliflower mixture onto baking sheet in four even portions. Form into squares.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from baking sheet.