Whole sesame seeds contain about 88 mg of calcium per tablespoon of seeds. Just a quarter cup of natural sesame seeds provides more calcium than a whole cup of milk.
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup dried apricots organic if possible
- 3 tbsp almond butter or any other nut butter
- ¼ cup sesame seeds + 3 tbsp
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon or cinnamon oil
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Put 1/4 cup of the sesame seeds in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add almonds, dried apricots, almond butter, 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds, spices, and vanilla in a food processor or high-speed blender and process until the ingredients are well-combined. The mixture may appear crumbly, but it will hold together when you form balls.
- Roll the mixture into small 1/2 inch balls or use an ice-cream spoon to do so, then roll the balls into the sesame seeds to coat.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze*.